CITB SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme
This two-day course covers all relevant legislation & other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction & civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures, & adequate communication to sustain a health & safety culture among the workforce.
The aim of this course is to help supervisors to:
- Supervisor health & safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions & within the context of their role
- Develop an understanding of responsibility & accountability for site health, safety & welfare of workers on site
- Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical, productive & environmentally friendly
At the end of the course delegates will have covered the following learning outcomes:
- Module 1 – Health & safety law, CDM Regulations (2015), health & safety management systems, risk assessment & method statements, statutory inspections & checks, reporting accidents, injuries & ill health & leadership & worker engagement
- Module 2 – Health & welfare of the workforce, first aid & emergency procedures, hazardous substances, asbestos, dust & fumes, noise & vibration & manual handling
- Module 3 – Site set up & security, fire prevention & control, electricity, plant & work equipment & lifting operations & equipment
- Module 4 – Working at height, excavations, underground & overhead services, confined spaces & temporary works
- Module 5 – Environmental awareness, pollution, waste materials & nuisance
Delegates will be required to complete and pass an end of course exam & trainer review.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a CITB SSSTS Certificate that is valid for 5 years.
Who Should Attend?
Those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.