MHFA Remote Mental Health First Aider
Delivered over Zoom video technology, this course trains you as a Mental Health First Aider. This course has been developed by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England). It provides the skills, knowledge and understanding of first aid for mental health and how to effectively support those experiencing distress.
At the end of this course you will have:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
- This is an online course delivered through the MHFA England Online Learning Hub
- Learning takes place through four live training sessions, with self-learning activities in between.
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Who Should Attend:
Ideal for anyone who wants to be able to support individuals who may be experiencing a mental health issue. MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
Delivered via Zoom video technology, the training follows the same curriculum as the classroom course and is delivered to the same standard.