Signing, Lighting and Guarding (New Roads and Street Works – Units 2 & 10 Only)
To provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform operative & supervisor duties for Signing, Lighting and Guarding to the CABWI standards set in line with the NRSW Act 1991.
- Operatives: Unit 2 – Signing, Lighting & Guarding
- Supervisors: Unit 10 – Monitoring, Signing, Lighting and Guarding
At the end of the course, candidates must be able to:
- Carry out an on-site risk assessment to identify hazards and risks with the intended site
- State the action required to minimise risk and ensure a safe system or work
- Produce a plan of an intended site showing the position of signs, guarding and traffic signals. The plan must include all relevant distances, sizes and dimensions required
- Produce a list of equipment for the intended site
- Demonstrate the sequence of setting out the advance signing, safety zones and pedestrian walkways
- Demonstrate the positioning, testing, adjusting, commissioning and decommissioning of temporary traffic signals
- Conduct the activities safely wearing the appropriate safety wear
- Provide sufficient knowledge evidence by way of oral or written questions.
Who Should Attend?
Those who are required to complete any maintenance work on the road or at the road side.
Delegates will be required to take theory based assessments along with a practical assessment.
On passing the award delegates will be issued with a Streetworks Qualifications Register (SWQR) card.