C&G Confined Spaces Medium Risk – 6160-02
This course is designed to reflect the national occupation standards for a medium risk related confined space environment.
It covers both Water and Non-Water industry areas.
Water: this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations or where the operative is working in or near water or where a Confined Space is subject to surface water flooding.
Non-water: This may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities, gas, electrical and mechanical engineering and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries and tunnelling.
The aims of this course are:
- Prepare to work safely in medium risk confined spaces including equipment, authorisation & information, communications, safety zone & monitoring equipment
- Entering & exiting a confined space safely including monitoring equipment, access equipment, safety inspection, procedures, resolving problems & unsafe activity
- Use equipment & tools safely including checks, equipment & tools, PPE and after use checks
- Follow work procedures and work safely including communication methods, safe working procedures, PPE, vigilance & documentation & reports
- Deal with emergencies including emergency exit procedures & recording and reporting
- Understand the principals of working in medium risk confined spaces including health, safety & environment legislation & guidance, types of places, ventilation methods, workplace exposure limits & properties, gases, types of emergencies, causes of emergencies, roles, job roles, injuries, importance & decontamination procedures
- Understand standard protocols for working in medium risk confined spaces including classifications, procedures & methods, reducing risk, communication methods, equipment checks & reporting systems
Delegates will be required to complete and pass a practical observation and short answer question paper.
The certificate is valid for 3 years.
Who Should Attend?
Anybody who will be working in a medium risk environment and includes preparing to work safely, entering and exiting medium risk confined spaces safely, using equipment and tools safely, following procedures and dealing with emergencies.