Manual Handling in Construction
The construction industry requires operatives to interact with tools, materials and stores on a daily basis with diverse sizes, weights and repetitive movements involved. This practical workshop is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of manual handling regulations and construction industry expectations with the application of safe lifting techniques.
Topics covered on this course include:
- Understanding Manual Handling regulations
- Spinal awareness and back care
- Manual Handling activities
- Manual Handling injuries and the activities which cause them
- The TILE handling system
- Weight lifting guidelines
- Lifting techniques
- Team handling and communication
- Practical exercises and assessment
Benefits of attending the course include:
- Understanding the process of Manual Handling
- Understanding the nature of Manual Handling injuries and the activities that cause them
- Understanding Manual Handling assessment and control measures
- Understanding the responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations Act 1992
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who works in the construction industry who completes Manual Handling activities.