This practical workshop is designed to give delegates an understanding of Manual Handling and its importance in the workplace
Topics covered on this course include:
- Understanding Manual Handling regulations
- Spinal awareness and back care
- Manual Handling activities
- Manual Handling injuries and the activities which cause them
- The TILE handling system
- Weight lifting guidelines
- Lifting techniques
- Team handling and communication
- Practical exercises and assessment
Benefits of attending the course include:
- Understanding the process of Manual Handling
- Understanding the nature of Manual Handling injuries and the activities that cause them
- Understanding Manual Handling assessment and control measures
- Understanding the responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations Act 1992
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone in the workplace who carries out Manual Handling activities.