This course is designed to provide candidates with a practical understanding of the safe use of portable and hand held grinding wheels.
At the end of the course, delegates will have covered and understood the following:
- Hazards and risks associated with common activities
- Precautions required for the safe use
- Types of equipment and correct specification of wheels
- Legal requirements of PUWER in relation to grinding wheels
- The principals of safe use of grinding wheels HS(G)17
- The selection and use of suitable PPE
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting
- Inspection and maintenance checks
- Procedures for fitting of new wheels
- The purpose and use of safety features guards and interlocks
- Reporting of faults and incidents
- Instructor demonstration and candidate practical session (selection & mounting only)
On completion of the course delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who uses Abrasive Wheels in their workplace.