CITB SSSTS Refresher - Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
This course aims to bring delegates health & safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace.
The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course.
This refresher course aims to help supervisors to:
- Supervise health & safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions & within the context of their role
- Develop an understanding of responsibility & accountability for site health, safety & welfare of workers on site
- Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical, productive & environmentally friendly
At the end of the course, delegates will have received an overview of the following modules:
- Module 1 – Health & safety law, CDM Regulations (2015), health & safety management systems, risk assessment & method statements, statutory inspections & checks, reporting accidents, injuries & ill health & leadership & worker engagement
- Module 2 – Health & welfare of the workforce, first aid & emergency procedures, hazardous substances, asbestos, dust & fumes, noise & vibration & manual handling
- Module 3 – Site setup & security, fire prevention & control, electricity, plant & work equipment & lifting operations & equipment
- Module 4 – Working at height, excavations, underground & overhead services, confined spaces & temporary works
- Module 5 – Environmental awareness, pollution, waste materials & nuisance
Delegates will be required to complete an end of course exam and on passing will receive a CITB SSSTS Refresher Certificate that is valid for 5 years.
Who Should Attend?
Those who have previously passed the two-day SSSTS course & can provide proof of successful attendance. Delegates must be competent in English at Site Supervisor level.