CITB SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme
The course covers relevant health, safety and environmental legislation affecting safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures, and adequate communication to sustain a health & safety culture among the workforce.
The course aims to help site managers to:
- Manage & implement health, safety and environmental aspects on site, in accordance with current legal provisions and within the context of their management role
- Implement new guidance & industry best practice
- Develop an understanding of responsibility & accountability for site health, safety, welfare and the environment
- Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical, productive & environmentally friendly
The 4 modules covered are:
- Module 1 – Legal & Management
- Module 2 – Health & Welfare
- Module 3 – General Safety
- Module 4 – High Risk Activities
Delegates will be required to complete four core exercises, pass the trainer review and end of course examination.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a CITB Certificate that is valid for five years.
Who Should Attend?
Site Managers, or aspiring Site Managers. It is designed for those with responsibility for managing, monitoring, implementing and reporting in a construction environment.