CITB SEATS - Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme
This course covers all relevant legislation & other aspects that affect the environment in the building, construction & civil engineering industries, It will provide supervisors with a broad understanding of the environment & the issues construction sites face.
The aim of this course is to help construction supervisors to:
- Supervise & protect the environment through legal provisions
- Protect the eco-system – the relationships & interactions between animals, plants (flora & fauna) & organisms & their environment
- Follow environmental management systems & processes to mitigate environmental damage
- Play their part in reducing statutory nuisance & disturbance to neighbours
- Manage the impact that archaeology & heritage can have on construction
- Control water consumption & reduce the impact construction has on natural water supplies
- Implement control measures to prevent the pollution of watercourses
- Identify ethically sourced timber through the chain-of-custody entering site
- Identify, control & manage contamination on brownfield sites
- Classify, segregate & properly dispose of waste
Delegates will be required to pass an end of course exam & a trainer review.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a CITB SEATS Certificate that is valid for 5 years.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. Delegates must be competent in English at Site Supervisor level.