CITB Remote SSSTS Refresher - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme
Delivered over Zoom video technology, this course aims to bring delegates health & safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace.
The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course.
This refresher course aims to help supervisors to:
- Supervise health & safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions & within the context of their role
- Develop an understanding of responsibility & accountability for site health, safety & welfare of workers on site
- Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical, productive & environmentally friendly
At the end of the course, delegates will have received an overview of the following modules:
- Module 1 – Health & safety law, CDM Regulations (2015), health & safety management systems, risk assessment & method statements, statutory inspections & checks, reporting accidents, injuries & ill health & leadership & worker engagement
- Module 2 – Health & welfare of the workforce, first aid & emergency procedures, hazardous substances, asbestos, dust & fumes, noise & vibration & manual handling
- Module 3 – Site setup & security, fire prevention & control, electricity, plant & work equipment & lifting operations & equipment
- Module 4 – Working at height, excavations, underground & overhead services, confined spaces & temporary works
- Module 5 – Environmental awareness, pollution, waste materials & nuisance
Delegates will be required to complete an end of course exam and on passing will receive a CITB SSSTS Refresher Certificate that is valid for 5 years.
Who Should Attend?
Those who have previously passed the two-day SSSTS course & can provide proof of successful attendance. Delegates must be competent in English at Site Supervisor level.
Delivered via Zoom video technology, the training follows the same curriculum as the classroom course and is delivered to the same standard. The same examination takes place but via our secure online assessment technology.