Remote Abrasive Wheels
This course is designed to provide candidates with a practical understanding of the safe use of portable and hand held grinding wheels.
At the end of the course, delegates will have covered and understood the following:
- Hazards and risks associated with common activities
- Precautions required for the safe use
- Types of equipment and correct specification of wheels
- Legal requirements of PUWER in relation to grinding wheels
- The principals of safe use of grinding wheels HS(G)17
- The selection and use of suitable PPE
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting
- Inspection and maintenance checks
- Procedures for fitting of new wheels
- The purpose and use of safety features guards and interlocks
- Reporting of faults and incidents
- Instructor demonstration and candidate practical session (selection & mounting only)
On completion of the course delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who uses Abrasive Wheels in their workplace.
Delivered via Zoom video technology, the training follows the same content as the classroom course and is delivered to the same standard. The same assessment takes place but via our secure online assessment technology or by oral assessment.