Overhead Gantry Cranes
This course is designed to train slingers in the skills and techniques required, in order that they may safely use pendant gantry cranes and sling loads for movement by crane in accordance with good practice and health and safety legislation.
Topics covered on this course include:
- Health and Safety at Work Act and relevant legislation
- Safety rules for gantry crane operators
- Inspection and selection of cranes
- Stability of loads and stress factors
- Use of lifting equipment
- Crane operating procedures and precautions
- Crane start-up and shut down procedures
- Practice lifts
- Theoretical and practical assessment
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone required to use overhead gantry cranes as part of their job role.