N714 Safety & Street & Road Works
It is envisaged that at the end of this course the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry & their responsibilities as a roadworks operative
- Have a working knowledge of the Safety at Street Works & Roadworks a Code of Practice & be able to reference it
- Permits, traffic risk assessment & on-site paperwork
- Be able to locate & identify the correct PPE & equipment required for the road type & explain its use
- Be able to identify various road types & reference them in the ACOP
- Conduct all re-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers & department of transport & legislative requirements on equipment required as identified in the ACOP
- Configure the vehicle ready for setting up works on the carriageway, walkway, verge etc
- Set out the required equipment as per the ACOP & traffic management risk assessment onto the work site in the correct order & position
- Pre-use checks on traffic signals prior to leaving yard including stop / go boards
- Check & enter the correct settings on traffic signals for the road type
- Set up traffic signals using the correct method
- Check for correct setup including correct works space for any vehicles after setting up works before commencing operations
- Position any vehicle correctly & safely in works
- Remove traffic signals & all other equipment after works using correct & safe methods
- Post use checks of equipment & identifying faults
- Refuelling or recharging traffic signals
- Reporting any faults found & removing from service any defective equipment
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive an NPORS card valid for 5 years, after which a refresher course can be undertaken.
Max of 8 per course
NPORS is one of the UK’s leading accreditation and registration bodies, working across the construction, industrial, utilities, warehousing and distribution, agricultural, ports and marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
At C&C Training NPORS training and assessments can be delivered at your sites, giving you greater flexibility and less disruption to your working day. If this is not feasible, there are other options available.