N304 Cable Avoidance Tool Refresher
It is envisaged that at the end of this course the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry & their responsibilities as an operative
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook for the particular equipment to be used & be familiar with other sources of information and relevant legislation
- Be able to identify & locate the controls of the equipment & explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers & legislative requirements
- Configure the equipment for use
- Define underground services
- Know how to identify the different types of underground services
- Identify risks that underground services can present & how people may be affected by them
- Causes of accidents from underground services
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Carry out detection tasks
- Identify the risks of excavating near to underground services, & the safe digging practices that should be adopted
- Carry out all end of shift shut down procedures
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive an NPORS card valid for 5 years, after which a refresher course can be undertaken.
Max of 6 per course
NPORS is one of the UK’s leading accreditation and registration bodies, working across the construction, industrial, utilities, warehousing and distribution, agricultural, ports and marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
At C&C Training NPORS training and assessments can be delivered at your sites, giving you greater flexibility and less disruption to your working day. If this is not feasible, there are other options available.