N108 MEWP Boom Refresher Tests
It is envisaged that at the end of this course the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry & their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook for the particular machine to be used, & be familiar with other types of information sources & relevant legislation
- Be able to locate & identify the major components of the vehicle & loader crane & explain their functions
- Be able to locate & identify steering, driving & braking controls & explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufactures & legislative requirements
- Check all emergency lowering functions
- Safely mount & dismount the machine
- Configure the machine for travel
- Start & stop the engine & safely move the machine off & stop it safely
- Configure the machine for travel & manoeuvre it safely on level / rough ground & inclines in open & confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area, including overhead & underground hazards
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area & correctly configure it in readiness to carry out accessing tasks
- Carry out accessing tasks, at various points up to full operating height
- Travel with platform raised (where applicable)
- Demonstrate knowledge & understanding of loading & unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift & shutdown procedures
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive an NPORS card valid for 5 years, after which a refresher course can be undertaken.
Max of 4 per course
NPORS is one of the UK’s leading accreditation and registration bodies, working across the construction, industrial, utilities, warehousing and distribution, agricultural, ports and marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
At C&C Training NPORS training and assessments can be delivered at your sites, giving you greater flexibility and less disruption to your working day. If this is not feasible, there are other options available.