N107 Lorry Loader Refresher Tests
It is envisaged that at the end of this course the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry & their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook & other sources of information, regulations & legislation for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate & identify the major components of the vehicle & loader crane & explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufactures & legislative requirements
- Configure the vehicle & loader crane ready for travel
- Configure the machine for travel & manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open & confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area & correctly configure it in readiness to carry out lifting duties
- Correctly deploy the stabilisers according to stated manufacturers specifications
- Comply with all requirements for rated capacity indicator / limiter or load moment indicators
- Identify weights & centres of gravity of loads to be used
- Carry out lifting operations using the full capabilities of the loader crane
- Position loads accurately at designated locations including onto & from the vehicle
- Identify, fit & remove various attachments & lifting accessories as appropriate
- Minimise load swing & ensure load security on the vehicle
- Carry out all end of shift & shut down procedures
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive an NPORS card valid for 5 years, after which a refresher course can be undertaken.
Max of 3 per course
NPORS is one of the UK’s leading accreditation and registration bodies, working across the construction, industrial, utilities, warehousing and distribution, agricultural, ports and marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
At C&C Training NPORS training and assessments can be delivered at your sites, giving you greater flexibility and less disruption to your working day. If this is not feasible, there are other options available.