N046 Rigging & Fleeting Loads - Lift Planner Refresher
It is envisaged that at the end of this course the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a managerial understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry & their roles & responsibilities for performing rigging & fleeting loads tasks
- Have an underpinning knowledge of the manufacturers handbooks or guides for the equipment to be used & have an understanding of P.U.W.E.R, L.O.L.E.R, working at height, manual handling, risk assessments with a good awareness of British and International standards
- Be able to calculate weights & measures ensuring that the load weight is accurate & all CoG’s, angles, tensions are within the manufacturers guidelines for the safe rigging & fleeting of loads
- Prepare risk assessments for rigging & fleeting loads that covers basic, intermediate & complex categories
- Be able to correctly check the certification for lifting equipment appliances & accessories & understand the commonly used tools, access egress items & PPE only used definitions of the industry
- Correctly determine lifting equipment for the lift plan rigging & material lists including specific hand tools. Prepare a set by step method statement detailing a safe systematic approach including the pickup point, route to be travelled & laydown area
- Allocate team roles & responsibilities for riggers, supervisors & fixed appliance operators that can be utilised for scenarios covering basic, intermediate & complex categories
- Prepare a sketch, scaled drawing or have the understanding how to add pictures to lift plans ensuring the lift team understands the location & system of the operation in addition to text information
- Oversee tasks for complex rigging & fleeting operations ensuring the team safely follow the step by step method statement in the lift plan pack
- Liaise with the management, supervisors & workforce levels of lifting operations by attending meetings, TBT’s, PTW meetings, site visits in a responsible competent manner
- Participation in debrief meeting with lift team & discuss lessons learned during specific task
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive an NPORS card valid for 5 years, after which a refresher course can be undertaken.
Max of 6 per course
NPORS is one of the UK’s leading accreditation and registration bodies, working across the construction, industrial, utilities, warehousing and distribution, agricultural, ports and marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
At C&C Training NPORS training and assessments can be delivered at your sites, giving you greater flexibility and less disruption to your working day. If this is not feasible, there are other options available.