N014 Marine Knuckle Boom Crane Refresher
It is envisaged that at the end of this course the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of offshore crane lifting operations, the dangers of working in the industry & their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to interpret the requirements of the lift plan & risk assessment
- Be able to locate & identify the major components of the machine & explain their functions
- Be able to locate & identify key controls & explain their functions
- Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions & identify any hazards
- Identify & maintain PPE appropriate for knuckle boom crane use
- Conduct all pre-operational & running checks in accordance with manufacturers & legislative requirements
- Identify & inspect suitability of landing area
- Prepare the knuckle boom crane for lifting duties as well as over side lifts. Operate machinery safely & efficiently taking into consideration sea uplift & moving vessel decks
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of work & shut down procedures
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive an NPORS card valid for 5 years, after which a refresher course can be undertaken.
Max of 3 per course
NPORS is one of the UK’s leading accreditation and registration bodies, working across the construction, industrial, utilities, warehousing and distribution, agricultural, ports and marine sectors.
NPORS offers flexibility whilst maintaining standards, both nationally and internationally by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
At C&C Training NPORS training and assessments can be delivered at your sites, giving you greater flexibility and less disruption to your working day. If this is not feasible, there are other options available.