NEBOSH National General Certificate
As stated within the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999, any manager who is appointed to control health and safety issues must be ‘suitably and sufficiently trained’. The NEBOSH National General Certificate is an examined basic level qualification designed to provide this necessary knowledge and understanding of health & safety.
Who Should Attend?
Directors, Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders or Safety Representatives who play a significant role within the management of organisational health & safety.
The syllabus is divided into 3 units:
NGC1 – Management of Health & Safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health & safety management systems – Plan
- Health & safety management systems – Do
- Health & safety management systems – Check
- Health & safety management systems – Act
GC 2 – Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Workplace hazards and risk control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and control
GC 3 – Health & Safety Practical Application
- Carry out unaided a workplace safety inspection
- Prepare a report that persuasively urges management to take appropriate action, explaining why and identifying remedial measures.
In addition to classroom tuition time, NEBOSH advises a further 53 hours of private study to ensure a successful result.
2 hour written exams for both units NGC1 and GC2 must be passed as well as the practical application to gain the qualification.
12 days (including examinations)
Individual Module Costs:
NEBOSH NGC1 OR GC2 Only (including NGC1 OR GC2 Exam and GC3 Exam) – £825 + VAT