NEBOSH National Construction Certificate
This course is designed to provide a sound breadth of underpinning knowledge that enables delegates to discharge more effectively their duties with respect to health & safety in construction activities.
This qualification is referenced with the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) for Construction (Design & Management) regulations 2015 as a key knowledge indicator when assessing Stage 1 competence for CDM Co-ordinators.
The syllabus is divided into 3 units:
NGC1 – Management of Health & Safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health & safety management systems (Plan)
- Health & safety management systems (Do)
- Health & safety management systems (Check)
- Health & safety management systems (Act)
NCC 1 – Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Construction law & management
- Construction site hazards & control
- Vehicle & plant movement – hazards & control
- Musculoskeletal hazards & control
- Work equipment – hazards & risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical & biological health – hazards & risk control
- Physical & psychological health – hazards & risk control
- Working at height – hazards & risk control
- Excavation work & confined spaces – hazards & risk control
- Demolition & deconstruction – hazards & risk control
NCC 2 – Construction Health & Safety Practical Application
- Carry out unaided workplace safety inspections
- Complete a report to management regarding the review with recommendations
In addition to classroom tuition time, NEBOSH advises a further 56 hours of private study to ensure a successful result.
2 hour written exams for both units NGC1 and NCC1, and the practical application must be passed to gain the qualification.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors and managers who have a responsibility for health & safety within the construction industry.
17 days (including exams)
Individual Module Costs:
NEBOSH NCC1 Construction (including NCC1 & Exams) – £1225 + VAT