Lorry Loader (HIAB)
This course is designed to provide the candidate with the basic knowledge & skills involved in operating a Lorry Loader (HIAB).
The aims of this course are:
- To improve safety awareness around mechanical operations
- Reduce incidents & accidents with mechanical plant
- For mechanical plant operators to understand their roles & responsibilities
- Provide knowledge of relevant regulations and procedures
- Be able to follow safe systems of work
The objectives of this course include:
- Comply with manufacturer’s instructions and relevant legislation
- Identify the function, use & purpose of all components, controls & gauges
- Demonstrate pre-use & running checks
- To be correctly set for travel with & without loads
- Demonstrate safe lifting techniques
- Correctly carry out shut down & securing procedures
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Who Should Attend?
All personnel required to operate a Lorry Loader.