IATP Non-Licensable Work with Asbestos
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 requires every employer to ensure that adequate information, instruction and training be given to its employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos, or who supervise such employees.
This course is designed to provide delegates with the theoretical and practical skills required to undertake non-licensable work.
Delegates will have completed the Asbestos Awareness element, as well as a detailed understanding of the Equipment and Method Sheets:
- EM1 – What to do if you uncover or damage materials that may contain asbestos
- EM2 – Training
- EM3 – Building and dismantling a mini-enclosure
- EM4 – Using a Class H vacuum
- EM5 – Wetting asbestos materials
- EM6 – Personal Protective Equipment
- EM7 – using damp rags to clean surfaces of minor asbestos contamination
- EM8 – Personal decontamination
- EM9 – Disposal of asbestos waste
- EM10 – Statement of cleanliness after textured coating removal
Delegates will also have theoretical and/or practical knowledge of the safe working methods for non-licenced ACMs, including Notifiable non-licenced works, dependant on the scope of works identified in your Training Needs Analysis
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be issued with a IATP Certificate which is valid for 12 months, after which the IATP Non-Licensable Work with Asbestos including NNLW Refresher course can be taken.
Who Should Attend?
Any person who in the course of their work activities may be called upon to plan the works, interact with or remove ACMs falling into the non-licensable categories.
Duration: 1 Day