Understanding and negotiating a way though the minefield of employment legislation is the responsibility of all employers. Managers need to realise the serious implications of breaching this legislation in order to protect themselves and their businesses. This information session aims to inform managers of the part they play relating to the relevant Employment Law legislation. The session will clearly and logically progress through the employment relationship – recruitment thought to exit interview – highlighting relevant requirements.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Have looked at the key employment legislation applicable during a person’s employment
- Understand the importance and significance of a clear, consistent, and fair approach to recruitment and selection
- Understand the critical information to be included in the Employment Contract from terms and conditions to reference to company policies and procedures • Be clear about the expanding arena of employment liability
- Have learnt about the pitfalls of employees exiting the company – redundancy, retirement, dismissal
- Understand the key principles applying to the collection, access and usage of personal data and the role all staff play in the implementation of the Data Protection Act though obligations and compliance.
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for all HR professionals and Line Managers.