Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Getting business finances into a strong position and keeping them there is an extremely important part of running a successful business. Understanding accounting terms and how to read key financial documents such as Balance Sheets, Profit & Loss Accounts and Cash-flow Forecasts are all important aspects of managing finance. This practical and participative course will help individuals analyse and improve the financial performance of their organisation. It will help them to understand their own accounts, drive business performance to produce greater rewards and ensure cash-flow is sufficient for business needs
The course includes sessions on:
- Familiarisation and understanding of key accounting terms
- Understanding key financial documents, such as the Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Account and Cash-flow Forecast
- Understanding cash-flow issues and whether a full forecast is needed
- The working capital cycle and its implications
- Being able to track and trend accounting information to assess business performance
- Using simple ratios to help you monitor performance
- Setting key performance indicators for your business
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Analysis techniques for your own accounts
Extensive use is made of case studies and, wherever possible, participants’ own figures are analysed. Access to a laptop is desirable to make practical exercises as hands-on as possible.
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Those responsible for the strategic direction of business, sales people who need to understand client’s accounts or anyone new to finance who needs to develop a general understanding of business finance.