New Roads & Street Works Act (NRSWA) Operatives
This assessment is designed to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform operative/supervisor duties to the CABWI standards set in line with the NRSW Act 1991.
Units covered on this course include:
- LA – Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- O1 – Signing, lighting and guarding
- O2 – Excavation in the highway
- O3 – Reinstatement and compaction of backfill material
- O4 – Reinstatement of sub-base and base (road base) in non-bituminous materials)
- O5 – Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- O8 – Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
Additional Units (an additional day of training is required):
- O6 – Reinstatement of hot-lay bituminous materials
- O7 – Reinstatement of concrete slabs
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive their CABWI certification, and an SWQR Card which is valid for 5 years. To renew their card, delegates will be required to complete a NRSWA Re-Assessment course.
Who Should Attend?
Those who are already employed in the highways maintenance and utilities sector who have experience in carrying out excavation and reinstatement work (operatives) or who monitor the work of operatives (supervisors) and require their SWQR (Street Works Qualification Register) Card.