CITB Health & Safety Awareness
This course is designed to aid understanding of the potential hazards that the construction worker may face on site.
It provides a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues – identifying individual responsibilities for looking after themselves & others, outlines the employers duties & explains what should be done if the worker thinks that anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
The aims of this course are to ensure that individual responsibilities are understood:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them while on site
- How they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the course the delegates will have covered the following modules:
- Module 1 – Legal & management
- Module 2 – Health & welfare
- Module 3 – General safety
- Module 4 – High risk activities
- Module 5 – Environment
Delegates will be required to complete a multiple-choice assessment at the end of the course. Successful delegates will receive a CITB Health & Safety Awareness Certificate which will be valid for 5 years.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who works in Construction/Civil Engineering or who is new to the industries.