This course is designed in accordance with BS7121 Code of Practice for the Safe Use of Cranes, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
Delegates who attend this course should have a working knowledge in respect of the use of lifting equipment and cranes (slinger/signaler).
Topics covered on this course include:
- Legislation (LOLER & PUWER)
- Identification of crane parts and components
- Understanding of crane rated capacity indicator and limiter
- Extracting information from the risk assessment/method statement
- Crane duty charts
- Understanding the need for selection of cranes, stability and ground conditions
- Understanding lifting accessories and documentation
- Final fault finding exercise
- Two written test papers
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates in the job role and who have responsibilities as a crane supervisor.