C&G Control Entry & Arrangements for Confined Spaces (Top Man) – 6160-04
This course is designed to reflect the national occupation standards for a medium risk related confined space environment.
It covers both Water and Non-Water industry areas.
Water: this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations or where the operative is working in or near water or where a Confined Space is subject to surface water flooding.
Non-water: This may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities, gas, electrical and mechanical engineering and some
The aims of this course are:
- Implement procedures for teams working in Confined Spaces including work plans, equipment & competent working teams
- Control safe entry & exit to the confined space including Atmospheric conditions, procedures, records, resolving problems & unsafe activity
- Monitor the work team to ensure procedures are followed including control access to site & monitoring
- Control emergency situations including emergency arrangements & recording & reporting
- Understand health, safety & environment legislation
- Understand standard protocols for work in confined spaces including classification scheme, risk weightin factors, communication methods, lines of communication & procedures & methods
- Understand entry controller duties & responsibilities including key requirements, ventilation systems, being vigilant, incidents, effects, decontamination procedures, being safe & secure, documentation & reporting systems for emergencies
- Understand equipment checks & testing required including standards, actions, safety, escape & emergency equipment & factors
Delegates will be required to complete and pass a practical observation and short answer question paper.
This certificate is valid for 3 years.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for the entry controller/top person who controls entry arrangements for confined spaces without entering them.