C&G Confined Spaces High Risk – 6160-03
This course is designed to reflect the national occupational standard for a high risk related confined space environment.
It covers both water and non-water industry areas as follows:
Water: This may include working with potable water, sewage treatment processes, drain and sewer cleaning operations or where the operative is working in or near water or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
Non-water: This may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities, gas, electrical and mechanical engineering and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries and tunnelling.
The aims of this course are:
- Prepare to work safely in high risk confined spaces, including safety zones, communication, equipment and PPE
- Enter and exit high risk confined spaces safely, including results of monitoring equipment, access equipment, authorisation and information, resolving problems and unsafe activity
- Use equipment and tools safely, including checks, types of equipment and tools, PPE and after use checks
- Follow working procedures and work safely, including communication methods, safe working procedures, conditions, PPE, vigilance and documentation and reports
- Deal with emergencies, including safety, escape and emergency equipment, emergency exit procedures and recording and reporting
- Understand the principals of working in high risk confined spaces, including health, safety, legislation & guidance, types of places, workplace exposure limits & properties, types of emergencies, causes of emergencies, roles & responsibilities, & of emergencies, safety, escape and emergency equipment, factors, defects, malfunction of monitoring equipment, ventilation systems, incidents, effects and decontamination procedures
- Understand standard protocols for working in high risk confined spaces including classifications, procedures & methods, reducing risk, communication methods & reporting systems for emergencies
Delegates will be required to complete and pass a practical observation and short answer question paper.
The certificate is valid for 3 years.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for those working in a high risk environment and includes preparing to work safely, entering and exiting high risk confined spaces safely, using equipment and tools safely, following procedures and dealing with emergencies.