Mental Health First Aid
This practical workshop is designed to provide greater understanding and confidence when looking to support employees with mental health conditions.
Topics covered on this course include:
- What is mental health
- Importance of mental health
- Stigma of mental health
- Effects of mental health
- Awareness of the management standards
- Internal support available
- Greater range of understanding mental health conditions e.g.
- Eating disorders
- Active listening skills
- Insight to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Confidence building
- Sign posting to external support
- Phased return programs
Benefits of attending the course include:
- Greater understanding of mental health
- Insight of support available for employees
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is in charge of personnel who could be affected by mental health conditions.
Duration: Two days