This course is designed to give delegates a good introduction to the issues relating to Legionella and Legionnaires disease, including control measures to be used when working with water systems.
At the end of the course delegates will have covered and understood the following:
- What is Legionella & Legionnaires Disease?
- Where can it be found and how it is amplified?
- Legal responsibilities – Health and Safety at Work Act 1974,The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 & RIDDOR
- What are the health effects?
- Who is susceptible?
- Where does it come from?
- Control Measures
- Legionella in the UK
- Preventative measures
- Responsibilities of manufacturers, importers, suppliers & installers
- Cleaning & disinfection
- Hot & cold water services
- Approved Code of Practices (ACOPs)
- Standards & routine sampling
- Risk assessment and managing risks
At the end of the course delegates are required to sit an end of course assessment.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a C&C Training certificate of attendance.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideally suited to those who work in a technical and or maintenance job role, building or facilities managers, company owners and directors with responsibility for health and safety and others who require a good basic overview of the issues surrounding current legislation and control measures.