This course is designed to provide delegates with an appreciation and understanding of hazardous substances within the workplace and how they are effectively controlled.
Topics covered on this course include:
- Understanding CHIP and how substances are assigned categories of danger
- Understanding the basics of toxicology and routes of entry into the body
- The concept of hazard and risk
- Hierarchy of control
- Maintaining control measures
- Emergency procedures
The benefits of this course include:
- Compliance with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Competency to conduct COSHH risk assessments
- Reduced exposure to hazardous substances
- Reduced risk of claims and prosecutions
- Well-informed staff
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for all employees, in particular those who come into contact with hazardous substances through work.
Duration: One day