This course has been designed to train delegates in the skills and techniques required, in order that they may safely direct traffic in accordance with good practice and health and safety legislation.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Understand the roles of the vehicle driver and banksman/yardsman in reversing operations
- Health and Safety at Work Act and relevant legislation
- Traffic management and routing
- Identification of danger areas within sites and assessing risk
- Communication and HSE recommended code of signals
- Theoretical and practical assessment
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Banksmen and yardsmen responsible for assisting in the manoeuvring and loading/unloading of vehicles.
Anyone involved with vehicle movements in construction sites, factory yards, warehouses and storage depots.