Management of Confined Spaces Awareness
Further to attendance of this course delegates will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of what confined spaces are how to categorize them
- Understand how to apply suitable control measures to manage the hazards associated with the various categories
- Have an understanding of the use of the permit to work
- Understand how to put emergency arrangements in place
- Gain an understanding of the equipment required to safely work in confined spaces
Topics covered on this course include:
- Definition of a Confined Space
- Significant hazards associated with confined spaces
- Classification of confined spaces
- Legal requirements
- Background to legislative requirements for risk assessment
- Planning a confined space entry
- Roles & responsibilities of the confined space team
- Safe systems of work
- Additional physical hazards & dangers
- Permit to work
- Emergency arrangements
- ATEX controls
- Care & use of Escape BA
- An overview of Escape BA
- Managing pre-wearer checks
- An overview of SCBA & when to use it
- Tally Board & Top Man duties
- Working duration
- Lifting equipment & harnesses
- Emergency response
- Incident management
At the end of the course delegates are required to sit an assessment to ensure information retention.
On successful completion of the assessment delegates will receive a C&C Training Ltd Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved on organising, supervising or managing Confined Spaces entry.