This practical course provides an introduction to the skills of planning, preparing and delivering an effective presentation. Delegates will identify their strengths & weaknesses against a background of understanding and valuing their current skills & knowledge. Areas of development will be identified followed by plenty of opportunities for learning and self-reflection. It’s natural to get nervous when presenting so the trainer will ensure a supportive environment is built to allow all delegates to feel secure and confident in experimenting with techniques new to them.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the impact of appropriate communication skills
- Consider their personal impact and be able to adapt it to any given situation
- Deliver a presentation encompassing essential multi-sensory elements
The main topics covered are:
- Researching, planning & structuring presentations
- Conveying ideas clearly
- Presentation tools & resources
- Creating rapport
- Presenting your point of view
- Applying different techniques to different presenting opportunities
- Using body language & voice tone
- Positive language and appropriate gestures
- Taking control of negative emotions
- Presenting and actions points for continuous development
Direct teaching, practical activities, video recording and feedback will be used to consolidate learning.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who are new to presenting or those who want to improve their existing skills to take them to the next confidence level.