Complaint Handling & Challenging Customers
Dealing with customer complaints to get a positive outcome is an important part of business. This course has been designed to help delegates determine customer expectations, how to manage these whilst delivering required customer standards. It focuses on the importance of communication and using techniques to deal with emotional customers both over the phone and face to face.
This course takes a workshop style approach with plenty of practical activities to help delegates demonstrate and consolidate their learning. Topics covered are:
- Customer Expectations
- What customers expect, need and managing the gap
- Factors that influence customer loyalty
- Communication Skills
- Understanding the basic elements and getting it right
- Questioning, listening, acknowledging and responding
- Dealing with our own frustrations
- Understanding why and how to overcome these emotions
- Attitude/behaviour cycle to influence a positive customer response
- Handling Emotional Customers
- What triggers people into aggression
- Dealing with emotion using empathy
- Defusing anger and resolving the problem
The course will include direct teaching, interactive sessions and practical activities. Delegates will apply the learning to their own situations which will provide them with relevant tools to use, and help them to practice using them.
Who Should Attend?
Those involved in handling complaints or who want guidance in dealing with challenging customers.