Asbestos Awareness for Managers
Asbestos awareness for Managers is aimed primarily at organisations that own or have access to single or multiple premises dated pre-2000 in which Asbestos must be managed. The course is designed to enable duty-holders, whether they are premises owners, care-takers, or repairs managers, to fulfil their duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR 2012).
Topics covered on the course include:
- Properties of asbestos and its health effects
- Types of products or materials likely to contain asbestos
- Operations which could result in asbestos exposure and the importance of pre-emptive controls
- Managers responsibilities
- Managing asbestos (Regulation 4)
- The role of Asbestos Surveys and how to understand what is in them
- Management surveys, including refurbishment & demolition
- Safe work practices, control measures and protective equipment
- Contractor suitability assessments
- Emergency procedures in the case of an asbestos incident
The course can be adapted prior to delivery through direct consultation to include key details from your organisations Asbestos Management Policy. This enables the training to be as relevant to your needs as possible, utilising familiar documents and procedures.
On successful completion of the course delegates will received a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Managers or those with responsibility for fulfilling duties under CAR 2012.