Handling Aggression & Dealing with Abusive Behaviour
Although abuse and violence are really quite rare they do occur and this course will provide delegates with tools and techniques to deal effectively with a variety of aggressive situations.
The topics covered in this course include:
- Organisational policy and procedures on violence in the workplace
- Key legal issues and relevant health and safety policies
- Causes of violence and learning how to recognise warning signals
- Communication skills, actively listening and behaviour which can defuse aggression
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Building confidence in dealing with violent and aggressive behaviour
- Reporting of incidents
- After an incident
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who, by virtue of their role, is more likely to be faced with people who may be aggressive or abusive, for example working in a customer complaints department. Those who generally want to learn how to deal more effectively with this type of behaviour.