C&G Confined Spaces Medium Risk - 6150-02
This qualification is safe entry into confined spaces using compressed air escape breathing apparatus as part of the planned means of self-rescue.
It also focuses on the delegate’s ability to work as a team member and make confined space entries which have been risk assessed and classified by the UK water confined space entries classification scheme.
This course covers the following:
- Preparing to enter a confined space
- Entering & exiting a confined space
- Dealing with emergencies
- Acting as top man-entry point controller
- Giving emergency aid
- Select, check & deploy equipment
- Establish a safety zone at the access & aggress point
- Establish & maintain an appropriate communication system
- Set out & interpret atmosphere monitors
- Maintain safe working procedures for the work being done
- Use compressed air breathing apparatus
- Follow emergency procedures
- Provide emergency aid to non-breathing unconscious casualty
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a City & Guilds certificate & photo ID that is valid for 3 years.
Who Should Attend?
Anybody who will be working in or at a confined space where the risk assessment has classified the confined space as medium risk.