Recruitment & Selection
Recruitment and selection costs UK businesses millions of pounds every year. Inadequate policies, procedures and the training to support the procedures result not just in high costs, but also in unacceptable levels of labour turnover and absenteeism. The time spent by Managers in training and induction, together with costs for replacements and back-up, not only has a detrimental effect on the bottom line, but also on existing employees and their morale. Therefore this one day workshop will look at how to attract the right candidates for your business and best practice.
During this workshop participants will:
- Understand the recruitment cycle and how it relates to every business
- Discuss the impact of effective manpower planning and the options available
- Review a selection of current Job Descriptions and Person Specifications to emphasise their critical role in the process
- Look at the benefits of an appropriately worded and placed advert as well as legislative compliance
- Understand how to sift applications to select the right candidates for interview, while complying with employment law
- Know what it means to be thoroughly prepared for an interview by going through each stage of the process to ensure a coherent and consistent approach
- Practice writing competency based questions from the Job Descriptions/Person Specifications/Sifting Criteria to get behind a candidate’s knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Consider other elements that may enhance the selection process such as assessment centres, presentations, psychometric tools, ‘live’ activities
- Learn how to best analyse each piece of information from the process to make an evaluation for the best person for the job
Who Should Attend?
This workshop will be highly interactive using a range of trainer-led discussion, group work, shared examples, real life industry based examples, a case study and role play. It is suitable for anyone in a HR/recruitment position.