Equal Opportunity & Diversity within the Workplace
This course has been designed to give delegates an opportunity to explore the concept of equality and diversity and provide the necessary skills and knowledge to implement equal opportunities within the workplace.
It will raise understanding of the main issues surrounding equal opportunities and will help people to consider their own views.
Topics covered in this lateral thinking, interactive workshop include:
- The need for Equal Opportunities Legislation
- The legal aspects of equal opportunities
- The benefits of a good equal opportunities practice to a business
- Perception and stereotyping
- Harassment and behaviours considered to be harassment
- Discrimination practices and actions to take to counter discrimination.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand and explain the business case for being a diverse organisation and how employment legislation impacts on the organisation
- Explore values, belief systems and prejudices
- Identify where negative thoughts come from and how to overcome them
- Identify discrimination and know how to appropriately deal with such situations.
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for HR professionals and Line Managers wishing to raise awareness of diversity and best practice in equal opportunities.