Equality, Diversity & Harrassment
This course provides an overview of the Equality Act 2010, enabling participants to learn about the Protected Characteristics along with exploring what is meant by diversity in the workplace, identifying inappropriate behaviour and how to positively challenge it.
Topics covered on this course include:
- An overview of the Equality Act 2010
- The 9 Protected Characteristics of the Equality Act 2010: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Different types of Discrimination: direct, indirect, associative and perceptive discrimination, disability discrimination and pregnancy and maternity discrimination.
- Other Prohibited Conduct: harassment.
- Please note: other prohibited conduct can be covered at request in advance of the session these would include: victimisation, stereotyping, prejudice, bullying and how to report bullying or harassment.
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for all employees, including employers, managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time workers, and has been designed at introductory level, so no previous training or knowledge is required.