Coaching & Mentoring
Organisational development and change, as well as the need to provide key employees with support through a change of role or career are often catalysts which inspire companies to implement coaching and mentoring programmes. This course will help you to understand the differences between the two processes, but also the similarities and how working together they can provide a complimentary force in supporting organisational success.
This course takes a workshop style approach including role-play and other practical work. Topics include:
- The differences between coaching and mentoring
- HR’s role in coaching and mentoring programmes
- 12 dimensions of coaching
- The coaching relationship
- ABC coaching technique
- Coaching process – GROW model
- Questioning – ‘Ask don’t Tell’
- Putting coaching into practice Mentoring
- The Mentoring Wheel
- Structuring a mentoring programme
- Who needs mentoring and who makes a good mentor
- Responsibilities, skills & overcoming problems
- Defining and developing the mentoring relationship
- Measuring results
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Who Should Attend?
Those working in HR responsible for developing coaching and mentoring programmes or anyone interested in developing coaching and mentoring skills and learning about the benefits these can bring to all parties.